Vinnitsa Medical Institute n.a. N.I. Pirogov and since 1994 the University has been training competent doctors for 90 years. For this period about 44 thousands of specialists have been trained, who work in Ukraine and in many countries of the world.
Now training of specialists is carried out at 53 chairs, where the competent scientific-pedagogical staff works. Among them there are an academician of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, 5 academicians and 5 members-correspondents of Academies of Science, 120 doctors of science, professors, 554 candidates of science, associated professors.
The Medical University has traditions in educational, research activity, organization of the students’ leisure, maintaining of heartly relations with the graduates.
Material-technical basis: 3 educational buildings, modern equipment, research centre and centre of new information technologies, more than 780 modern computers, which are connected up to Internet, large library (500 thousand books), own printing house.
The Muslim Center and the Mosque function near the University.
At the medical university 6250 students are trained, including 2080 foreigners. In total about 44000 doctors, among them 2100 specialists of the highest level, possessing the Candidate’s and Ph.D., M.D. degrees, including more than 7500 foreign citizens from 106 foreign countries ofEurope, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, Africa) have been trained.
Annually the University chairs issue 10-12 text-books of methodics and other educational-methodical materials for the foreign students.
The activity of the Medical University on training doctors among the foreign citizens, international collaboration and international relations are coordinated by the Vice-rector for international links.
In the structure of management of the international citizens’ education function the department for international links, the dean’s office of the preparatory faculty and the dean’s office for undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
The university consists of: administration, education, scientific, medical diagnostic, economic and auxiliary divisions.
The main scientific academic units of the university, which train students and post-gradute students in related specialities are the faculties. The faculty includes clinical departments, as well as the departments in which humanitarian, socio-economic and fundamental disciplines are studied.
History of National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya
VNMU was established when the first President of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, academician D.K. Zabolotny, raised the question to the Government about the necessity of opening a medical educational institution in Vinnitsa to serve the nation’s needs for health care. VNMU began as Vinnitsa Pharmaceutical Institute (1921-1936), and later became Vinnitsa branch of All-Ukrainian Institute of Extra-Mural Medical Education (1930), and reorganized in 1932 as Evening Industrial Medical Institute with two faculties – medical-preventive and pediatric and in 1934 as Vinnitsa Medical Institute (1934).
There are five steps to complete admission process at Vinnitsa National Medical University
STEP 1: HOW TO APPLY
Students can apply online. After reading the complete information on website about tuition fee and courses first you have to choose the course.
After choosing the course you should send us the following documents by email:
• Filled Application Form
• Copy of International Passport or ID Card (minimum valid for 2 years)
• Copy of Higher Secondary School Certificate (with subject details)
After reviewing the above written documents, we shall notify you about acceptance or rejection. If you will be accepted then we shall issue you Admission Confirmation Letter in one working day.
STEP 2: HOW TO GET INVITATION LETTER
To get an invitation letter from Vinnitsa National Medical University, we require the following documents:
• Filled Application Form
• Copy of International Passport (minimum valid for one year)
• Copy of School Certificate (with subject details)
• Cost of Invitation Letter 400 US$ and Courier charges 100 US$
You can send us these documents only after receiving Acceptance / Admission Confirmation letter from Ternopil State Medical University.
You can send us the documents by email or by fax. Please take care that documents should be scanned properly and should be clearly readable.
You can transfer us the payment bank transfer, by western Union or Money Gram. Please send us the receipt of payments to confirm us.
Invitations are issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and it takes 5-7 working days.
After receiving documents and payment, we shall send you the Original Invitation letter, Admission Confirmation letter and visa support letter by courier.
STEP 3: VISA
After getting invitation letter from Vinnitsa National Medical University, student should contact the nearest Ukrainian Embassy in his/her country.
Visa Requirements are as follows:
• Filled Application form
• Original passport (valid for 1 year minimum)
• Secondary school certificate (attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs or with Apostille stamp)
• Medical Certificate showing Physical and Mental Fitness (attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
• Original Invitation letter from Vinnitsa National Medical University
• 2 Passport size Photos (3.5 x 4.5)
For complete visa requirements, please contact the Embassy of Ukraine in your country.
STEP 4: ARRIVAL
After getting visa from Embassy or Consulate, students should inform us about his/her flight details with date and arrival time.
One of our representative will receive the student at the airport.
STEP 5: ADMISSION AND START OF CLASSES
Every Student should bring with him/her original complete documents and with Full First year Expenses or Payment Receipt of complete first year expenses paid.
After Arrival in Ukraine, student should submit the complete documents and first year complete charges as written on Admission Confirmation Letter to International Department. Staff of International Relations office will complete the admission process and registration process in 1-3 working days and after that they will allow you to start the classes.
International Office will also extend the visa from Home Office.
Our International Office staff will complete all the formalities that you should start your classes in 4-5 working days.
We always receive our all students at the airports of Ukraine and we shall make arrangement of transportation from airport to University. It is advisable to book all flights as soon as possible because the beginning of the academic year is a busy time to travel in Ukraine.
It is compulsory for every student to inform us about his/her flight details because if our representative will not be at the airport to receive student, student shall be deported back to homeland.
Students who got their Ukrainian visa have to inform us about their arrival details, so that Vinnitsa National Medical University representative could receive the students at the airport. Please send us the scan copy of the booked ticket.
FMGE Passing Percentage
Vinnitsa National Medical University had an MCI Screening Test Passing Percentage / FMGE passing percentage of 22.7% between 2012-14 which is higher than the overall average of the passing percentage of countries such as Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan and Ukraine itself.
This stems from the fact that the quality of education imparted at Vinnitsa National Medical University is the best in all over Ukraine and Global Medical Foundation can say that Vinnitsa National Medical University is undoubtfully the best medical university in Ukraine in terms of quality of education and standard.
FMGE/MCI Screening Test Coaching is provided to Indian students at Vinnitsa National Medical University by Indian teachers for complete 6 years.
- Quality of Education: Vinnitsa National Medical University provides high-quality education which is evident by the fact that VNMU has one of the best Screening Test passing percentages. The university is almost 100 years old and is recognised by MCI and WHO. According to the students, you won’t find another university in the world which is providing such quality education at such an affordable cost.
- Affordability: Studying at VNMU is the best option not only because of the quality of education but also because you get this at an affordable cost. The return in terms of knowledge you will gain from VNMU is more than the cost of your studies. The per year tuition fees is just US $ 4,400 which is approximately around Rs. 3 lakh per year (US $ 1 = Rs. 68.19). The cost of living is also affordable with the hostel fees being US $ 500 per year (Approx. Rs.34,000).
- Experienced Teachers/Professors: The teachers/professors at Vinnitsa National Pirogov Medical University are experts in their subject and most of them are doctors who are also professors. VNMU is known to have one of the best English Faculty in Ukraine. In the first year, the university will teach the basics and then they will move to the pre-clinical and then, after the 3rd year, proper clinical practice will start where students have their classes in the hospitals and would be meeting and observing patients on the regular basis.
- Safety: Safety of the students, especially of female children, is a major worry for the parents and it is often the 1st question that parents ask us. Ukraine is super-safe for females. Vinnitsa is a safe city and foreigners are welcomed and respected as long as they do the same and behave in a well-mannered way.
- MCI Screening Test Coaching: Teachers/Professors from Indian go to Vinnitsa National Medical University to provide coaching for FMGE to the students. Therefore, the students have a better chance to clear FMGE in the 1st attempt.
The university is also known as National Pirogov Memorial Medical University. The University hosts nearly 5,500 students. Nearly 1,000 of these are international students.
The degree awarded by Vinnitsa National Medical University is called MD (Physician) and the course duration is 6 years. The degree is also recognised by International Medical Education Directory (IMED), US Education Department and General Council Of Medicine of Great Britain. The climate in Vinnitsa is moderate continental. The average temperatures are 5 degrees in January and 18 degrees in June.