Orenburg State Medical University is considered to the best University in Russia. The faculty provides the students with the field of General Medicine. Around 200 specialists pass out every year from this University who serve the patients all across the globe. During the training program, there are around 54 subjects for the students. There are around 47 departments and 300 professors and associate professors and doctors. The students get the chance to learn from the basics of the human body to the entire functioning of the body. The students of OSMU are provided with hands-on training in the hospital campus itself for the treatment of the patients. Within the syllabus, research work is included so that students can enhance their learning skills. Orenburg State Medical University was first established in the year 1955. The University is located in Orenburg City which is 1,478 kilometers (918 mi) southeast from Moscow. OSMU is very close to the border with Kazakhstan. Nowadays, there are over 550 scientific and staff members working with this University.
There are over 18 clinical bases aimed at training of students in Orenburg:
- Orenburg regional clinical hospital no 2
- Municipal city clinical hospital number 1
- Municipal city clinical hospital named after Pirogov N.I.
- Orenburg regional clinical hospital no. 1.
- Municipal city clinical hospital number 2.
- Railway clinical hospital of Orenburg station.
- Polyclinic of municipal city clinical hospital number 5.
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of dentistry
- Department of preventive care
- Pharmaceutical Department
- Department of Clinical Psychology
The climate in Orenburg is extremely continental. The summer is hot and dry: the average temperature during the day is above 15 degrees for 5 months a year; the winter is moderately cold,maximum snow cover is observed in February (23 cm). In summer the temperature can raise up to 40 degrees C, sometimes it falls
down to 5 degrees C. In winter the weather varies from light to heavy frost, there are sometimes light thaws or severe frosts up to 20 degrees below zero.
POSTAL CODE – 460000
DIALING CODE – +7 3532
TIME ZONE – UTC+6:00
TEMPERATURE – MINIMUM – 10, MAXIMUM + 40
MEDICAL COURSE IN ORENBURG STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
MBBS ( General Medicine Course)
BDS ( Graduate Dental Course)
MD ( Post Graduate Medical Course)
MS ( Post Grduate Medical Course)
MDS ( Post Grduate Dental Course)
ORENBURG STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY MBBS FEE STRUCTURE (2017-18):
|ORENBURG STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY, RUSSIA||MBBS FEES / YEAR||HOSTEL FEES / YEAR||TOTAL FEES IN US DOLLARS||FEES IN INDIAN RUPEES|
|1ST YEAR FEES||5200 USD||300 USD||5500 USD||RS. 3,60,000 (approx.)|
|2ND TO 6TH YR. FEES||4200 USD/ YR.||300 USD/ YR.||4500 USD/ YR.||RS. 2,92,000/YR. (approx.)|
|Total estimated Fees for 6 years||28000 US Dollars||RS. 18,20,000 (approx.)|
ORENBURG STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY – FACULITIES
MEDICAL FACULITIES :
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Human Anatomy
- Department of Hospital Therapy them. R.G.Mezhebovskogo
- Hospital Surgery Department, Urology
- Department of Children’s Diseases
- The Department of outpatient therapy
- Department of General Surgery
- The Department of Surgery and Clinical Anatomy them. SS Mikhailova
- Department of Internal Medicine Propaedeutics
- Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics
- The Department of Therapy and Endocrinology
- The Department of Surgery
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Biological Chemistry
- Department of Pathological Physiology
- Department of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dept. of Physiology
- The Department of Physical Education
- The Department of Surgery and Clinical Anatomy
- Department of Dentistry
FACULITY OF HIGHER NURSING DEPARTMENT
Department of Nursing
FACULITY OF PHARMACY
- Department of Biology
- Department of Biophysics and math
- Department of Management and Economics of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology and Pharmacognosy
- Department of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Scientific and research work is carried out in global top-priority directions of fundamental and applied studies.
- The Academy has necessary infrastructure, which allows carrying out research work with intellectual property protection and implementation of new medical technologies.
- Personnel of the Academy have received 350 invention patents.
- Database of scientific-research, design and experimental projects, remote access to the database is provided.
- Research studies are provided with modern equipment, tools and software.
- Management of the Academy supports common international innovative projects, development of licensing mechanisms and international certification, formation of international groups.
Since the university was founded in 1944 as Chkalov Medical Institute renamed as Orenburg State Medical University, the medical faculty always remained the leaving division of the university. There are lot of foreign students mainly from India, Nigeria, Peru, Norway, China, Dagestan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Columbia and other countries in the faculty of general medicine and university annually produces over five hundred newly trained health professionals. The course is of 6 years extensive program of 54 subjects and the medium of instruction is English and Russian Language. Practice and lectures takes place in 47 departments in which help students master the knowledge and skills of more than 350 professors, associate professors
In OSMU the main focus of all the faculties are to train students from the first year by assigning tasks in nursing department. Additionally they are also engaged in research work in student scientific circles. University has theoretical academy where lectures being conducted and largest hospital/regional hospitals in the city for practice.