Having been approved by the Ministry of Education, CTGU was founded in June 29, 2000, comprising the former Wuhan University of Hydraulic and Electric Engineering/Yichang and the former Hubei Sanxia College. The history of CTGU can be dated back to 1946, while the bachelor education started from 1978, and the postgraduate and international student education began from 1996. CTGU has the qualification to confer the degrees of bachelor, master and doctor, and to recruit international students of CSC scholarship and membership of UNAI. Moreover, the Ministry of Water Resources and the People’s Government of Hubei Province signed agreements in 2009 to build CTGU in joint effort. Beside, CTGU was awarded with “Advanced unit of opening up” by Hubei Provincial government in 2010; and was awarded with “Demonstration base of international student education”in 2014. By now, China Three Gorges University has become an comprehensive university with characteristic features of prominent discipline advantage, hydropower resources and great social reputation.
CTGU consists of 30 colleges, 72 undergraduate programs covering nine fields including science, engineering, medicine, arts, economics, management, law, education and fine arts. There are 5 national-level characteristic disciplines for undergraduates; 10 provincial-level branded disciplines for undergraduates; 7 disciplines selected as the instalment of “A plan for Educating and Training Outstanding Engineers” by the Ministry of Education, 10 disciplines taught in English; and 2 Chinese-foreign cooperative education programs; 2 primary discipline doctoral programs, 22primary discipline programs for graduate students, 184secondary discipline programs for graduate students, 17 professional program for graduate students (Engineering, MBA, MTI etc.) and 11 provincial key disciplines. CTGU has a large number of enrolled students, comprising more than 22,730 full-time undergraduate students, 4,131 postgraduate students and 1288 international students.
Qualification for international students
- Senior Advancing Chinese Studies: 18 years old, good health.
- Advancing Studies:
①General: good health, learning experience higher than 1st year of university
②Senior: good health, with Bachelor’s Degree or Assoc. Professor.
- Undergraduate for Bachelor’s Degree: 18 years old, good health, high school graduate or higher.
- Postgraduate for Master’s Degree: good health, with the Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field.
3. Other costs according to China government and Three Gorges University 's regulations.(including assurance fee 、teaching material fee、re-exam fee、re-teaching fee)
4. Accommodation and Costs:
Well-equipped room with access to cable TV, telephone, and Internet, and separate bathroom with cold and hot water, etc.
There are shops, internet café, café bar, etc, near the apartment.
Standard Room: RMB 4,000 yuan/person/academic year (two students in one room)
5. Food cost:
The students afford their own food. It costs about 400-700 yuan/month eating in the university canteen.
According to the requirement to prepare the documents we need by scan 、fax or send by mail or send it to our China three gorges university international communication and cooperation department.
1. Please fill up the over-seas students' application form.
2. The copy of passport with photo page.
3. International tourist health certification.
4.、 Please submit the copy of the first or the highest degree qualification certification and other mark-sheet.
5. For applying the master degree, please submit 2 professors' recommendation letters at least.
Ps: For concerned forms can download from our university website,you can click into the international culture exchange college, then will go into the download center.
- Three Gorges University is approved by the Ministry of Education, the former Wuhan University of Hydraulic and Electric Engineering (Yichang) and former Hubei Three Gorges College
- School has 29 colleges, 68 undergraduate majors, covering science, engineering, literature, medicine, economics, management, law, education
- School has 1,984 full-time teachers, of whom 351 professors, associate professors and 811 people, 593 teachers with a doctorate; has 35 doctoral tutor, Master Instructor 937; approved a national teaching team
- School covers 3787 acres, buildings total 1.4 million square meters building area
|Amount in Yuan (Yuan)||Amount in Indian Rupees (Rs.)|
|Monthly||Yuan 333||Rs. 3,430|
|Yearly||Yuan 4,000||Rs. 41,160|
|1) Geotechnical Engineering
2) Disaster Prevention & Reduction Engineering & Protective Engineering
3) Hydraulic Structure Engineering
4) Hydraulic & Hydropower Engineering
5) Engineering Mechanics
6) Structural Engineering
7) Geological Engineering
8) Mechanical Manufacture & Automation
9) Machinery Design & Theory
10) Power System & Automation
11) Control Theory & Control Engineering
12) Computer Applications Technology
13) Management Science & Engineering (Engineering)
14) Technology Economy & Management
15) Education of Marxist Theory & Education in Ideology & Politics
16) History of the Communist Party of China (including the Doctrine of China Party & Party Building)
|17) Study of the Sanitizations of Marxism
22) Applied Mathematics
23) Condensed Matter Physics
24) Modern & Contemporary Chinese Literature
25) Theory of Literature & Art
26) Chinese Philology
27) English Language & Literature
28) Pharmacology (Science)
29) Organic Chemistry
30) Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
32) Higher Education Pedagogy
|1) Financial Science
2) International Economics & Trade
3) Information Management & Information System
4) Project Management
5) Industry Engineering
6) Business Administration
8) Financial Management
9) Human Resources Management
10) Tourism Management
11) Logistics Management
12) General Administration
13) Public Career Management
15) Physical Education
16) Social Physical Education
17) Educational Technology
18) Chinese Language & Literature
19) Teach Chinese as a Second Language
20) Visual Audio Journalism
25) Musical Performance
26) Fine Arts
27) Artistic Design
28) Mathematics & Applied Mathematics
|29) Information & Computing Science
31) Electronic Information Science & Technology
32) Photoelectric Information Science & Technology
35) Biological Science
36) Chemistry Biology
37) Biological Engineering
38) Metallic Materials Engineering
39) Machine Design & Manufacturing & Automation
40) Material Processing & Control Engineering
41) Environmental Engineering
42) Electric Engineering & Automation
43) Electronic & Information Engineering
45) Telecommunication Engineering
46) Computer Science & Technology
48) Urban Planning
49) Civil Engineering
50) Conservancy & Hydroelectric Engineering
51) Hydrological & Water Resources Engineering
52) Clinical Medicine
53) Medical Imaging
54) Traditional Chinese Medicine
(Combined with Western Medicine)