MBBS in Philippines is affordable and appropriate for Indian Medical Students. Study MBBS in Philippines has always been an acceptable option. It offers low-cost MBBS in Abroad. Keeping an Internationally recognized MBBS degree is valuable for practicing a medical profession. MBBS in Philippines is worth considering. Because the nation maintains the international benchmark of medical education. Edu Career Life Services recommends MBBS admission in Philippines. We help you in crafting an attractive MBBS career across the globe. International MBBS students should not be worried for admission in Poland. We provide every guidance related to MBBS admission in the Philippines.
Why are you interested to study MD (MBBS) In Philippines? Have you done enough research before you have decided to study Medicine in Philippines. If you have not done that, information in this webpage will help you to identify the right Philippines medical college for your medical education. This decision in your life is what is going to decide not just your next 5 years of your medical education, it is going to determine the level of success, you are going to achieve in your career as doctor. So, take few minutes to know all the facts given about advantages/disadvantages of studying MD/MBBS In Philippines, China, Russia and other abroad countries before taking the decision.
Do you know that, there are 61,000(as of 2018) MBBS seats in India? If you get a NEET score, you become eligible to study medical course in any of the Indian medical college itself. Sounds very easy right. But the problem is that, only less than half of these medical seats are affordable by Indian students. If you are still in the process of preparing for the upcoming NEET exam, Study hard and get a very good score in NEET exam. It will help you to secure a medical seat in a government medical college. Tuition fees for MBBS Seats in Government medical colleges range between Rs 10,000 to 70,000 per year which makes it affordable. Good news is that there are close to 25000 government MBBS Seats in India. We would be glad if you can get into this first 25000 ranks in the NEET exam. Click the link to know the complete details about MBBS Admission in India.
What if you miss to get a high score in NEET Exam? You have two options,
1. If your medical tuition fees budget is more than 1 crore and you wish to study medicine only in India, you can join private medical college/deemed medical university. The main problem when you choose this option is that, many of these private medical colleges have poor infrastructure and facilities because they are less than 10 years old.
2. If your budget for MBBS tuition fees is below 20 lakhs and you are comfortable to travel and study abroad, you can pick the right medical university from countries like Philippines, China or Russia. By choosing abroad medical universities, you can save upto 70% of the tuition fees. The advantage of studying MD (MBBS) In Philippines is that there are many reputed medical(MBBS) colleges in Philippines and other abroad countries with great infrastructure and medical facilities that are 50 years old.
Philippines, being the third largest country in the world speaking English, conducts their Medical Course fully in English. Apart from medium of instruction, it helps the students to effectively interact with patients during the clinical practice. Because of these advantages of studying MD/MBBS In phillipines, lot of fraud admission agents are trying to capitalize and cheat the students/parents. Students needs to be careful in choosing the right medical colleges in philippines. Philippines embassy has advised students and given some guidelines while choosing the Philippines medical university as well as the admission agents.
Philippines medical college fees would range anywhere between 12-20 lakhs for the complete medical course. Even though some of the medical colleges/universities in Philippines have low fees, one should not choose the Philippines medical college only on the basis of the tuition fees. The quality of medical education as well the facilities would also be less when the fees is less. Philippines have few reputed MCI(Medical Council of India) recognised medical colleges such as University of Perpetual Help Jonelta School of Medicine & Emilio Aguinaldo college of medicine which has very good ranking among the Philippines medical colleges. Click the link to know more about Why Indian Students prefer to Study In Philippines compared to other countries.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? MD / MBBS
Philippines medical colleges offers M.D as it primary medical course for practitioners. Commission on Higher Education (CHED) of Philippines is responsible for accrediting medical school and colleges. This MD Program is recognized by Medical Council of India as equivalent to MBBS degree in India. After completing the MD degree in the Philippines, Indian students need to clear Foreign Medical Graduate Exam (FMGE) (also called as Medical screening test) to start the medical practice in India or to join post graduation medical courses. Starting from 2018, NEET PG entrance will act as the Medical Screening Test/FMGE. Click here to know the MD/MBBS Admission In Philippines Procedure.
WHY MD/MBBS IN PHILIPPINES?
Do you know that more than 8000 international students enroll in Philippines Medical universities and out of which more than 50% are Indian students? Philippines universities and colleges are known for its quality and sending thousands of doctors and engineers every year to work in USA, UK, and other developed western countries. It has 2299 higher educational institutions and 40 medical colleges. According to American Physician Statistics, one among ten doctors in the USA studied at Philippines medical university.
MD (MBBS) In Philippines Fees and Cost
Medical Course(MBBS) in Philippines Fees are affordable for Indian students who belong to middle class family. Tuition fees are paid annualy to the Philippines medical college Bank Accounts directly. Total Medical Course fees to study Medicine(MBBS) In Philippines 2018 (for the entire course duration) would be approximately 15 lakhs. If we compare tution fees of Philippines Medial University to self-financing private medical colleges in India, you can save 70% tuition fees. As the cost of living is relatively cheap in the Philippines, hostel fees, mess fees, and other living expenses would come close to Rs 12K per month. Taking this into account, total cost to complete Medical course would be close to 25 lakhs. If you compare this cost with the cost to do MBBS degree in private MBBS colleges in India, the cost would be just 1/3rd of the expense of India.
Duration of Medical Course in Philippines
The total duration of this MD course is 5 and half years for students who have been educated till class 12 with a background in science. The first 16 months focuses on building the foundation for a strong medical education and is called the Bachelor of Science program. The next four years is the core medicine and clinical rotation. Towards the end of the program, students will also undergo clinical rotations, in which they will be attached to selected hospital departments and treat patients under the guidance and supervision of an experienced and presently practicing doctor.
MD Degree Recognition
The Commission on Higher Education Philippines(CHED), gives approval for both public and private higher education institutions in the country. Prospective students are strongly advised not to get admission in any institution which is not recognized by CHED. For international recognition, students should check whether institution in recognized by World Health Organization. All medical colleges in Philippines, which are recognized by WHO has approval from CHED.
Students from India, who wants to pursue MD(MBBS) degree abroad in Philippines should check whether the overseas institution is recognized by Medical Council of India(MCI). After 2002, all MBBS/MD students after being educated in WHO Listed medical colleges abroad are eligible to give screening test.
Reference: Section 4 of MCI Screening Test Regulations 2002, dated 13 February 2002
English Speaking Patients
The medium of Instruction being English as opposed to Russia and China avoids the learning curve of an additional language. The Philippines being a colony of United States, has English as its official language. Your entire course duration is available for you to concentrate on studying MD (MBBS) in Philippines. Though the US planted the seeds for learning English in the Philippines, it took enough interest to give attention and to dedicate necessary resources to maintaining the fluency of English language in the Philippines after the Americans left. Every sign board and name board in the Philippines are written in English making it compulsory for every Filipinos to understand and speak English. During clinical practice, it becomes easy for students to interact with patients in common language and to understand and learn the practical sessions better.
Top Medical(MBBS) Colleges in Philippines for Indian Students
- University of Perpetual Help - Las Pinas
- Davao Medical School Foundation - Davao
- Angeles University Foundation, Angeles
- Bicol Christian College, Legaspi
- Emilio Aguinaldo College. School of Medicine - Manila
- Cagayan State University, Tuguegarao
- Cebu Institute of Medicine - Cebu
- Central Philippine University College of Medicine - Iloilo
- De La Salle Health Sciences Institute, Dasmariñas
- Far Eastern University - Dr Nicanor Reyes Foundation Institute of Medicine, Quezon
- Lyceum Northwestern College. Dr Francisco Q. Duque Foundation, Dagupan
- Mindanao State University - College of Medicine, Tibanga, Iligan City
- Our Lady of Fatima University, Valenzuela
- San Beda College - Manila
- Southwestern University-Matias H. Aznar Memorial College - Cebu
- University of Northern Philippines - College of Health Sciences, Tamag, Vigan City
- University of Santo Tomas, Manila
- University of St. La Salle - Bacolod
- University of the City of Manila, College of Medicine - City of Manila
MBBS in Philippines Review
There are many advantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines:
1. Low tuition fees paid in instalments & affordable cost of living
2. English medium education, no need to learn any new language
3. 3rd largest English speaking country– MBBS in Philippines
4. Indian veg food, Gujarati, Jain, South Indian food cooked by Indian chefs available at low cost
5. US Pattern of education which helps students who wish to give USMLE
6. Strict rules which mean that the students will have to study. This is a relief for parents as they can be assured that their child will be studying.
7. Awesome weather! You will fall in love with it. Similar to the weather of Mumbai/Kolkata.
8. Focus on developing the practical skills & knowledge of the students.
9. Final year is full clinical rotation
10. Higher FMGE passing percentage than Russia, China, Ukraine, Nepal, Kyrgyzstan (2012-14).
11. During 2012-13 to 2016-17. MBBS in Philippines had the 2nd highest MCI Passing Percentage (minimum 900 students).
12. Problem-based learning methodology
13. Focus on developing practical skills of the students.
14. 6-year course with one-year internship/clinical rotation- MBBS in Philippines
15. Gateway to the USA– give USMLE and go to the USA for PG and for practice
16. One of the highest MCI Screening Test passing percentage
MBBS in Philippines = 24.6% MCI Screening Test Passing Percentage
Services by Edu Career Life Services for MBBS in Philippines
We provide the following services to the students and their parents for MBBS in the Philippines:
- Guidance and advice for selecting the best college to the satisfaction of the student.
- Applying for the admission letter and filling of application form.
- Helping students complete the documents required to apply for Visa.
- Visa, Apostle, Document authentication, Red-ribbon process.
- Mock Interview: Preparing the students for Visa interview.
- Helping students complete the admission process.
- Help in arranging for foreign exchange.
- Help in arranging for air-tickets
- Sending students in batches/groups from the airport.
- Airport drop in Delhi.
- Airport pick-up by Global Medical Foundation’s office in the Philippines.
- Help in completing the admission process in the Philippines.
- 5 to 6 year support to the student in the Philippines.
MBBS in Philippines Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for studying MBBS in Philippines is fairly simple and straightforward.
For undergraduate medical program BS-MD (equivalent to MBBS in India):
After class XII or Higher Senior Secondary–
A minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The student must have passed all subjects and English is a compulsory subject.
For students belonging to SC/ST or OBC- A minimum aggregate of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The student must have passed all subjects and English is a compulsory subject.
All students who wish to study MBBS in any country in abroad have to qualify NEET from 2018 onwards to be eligible to sit for the screening/licensing exam.